I wonder: would North Korea have lost 7 : 0 to Portugal had their top striker, Kim Jong Il, not fallen ill? According to state sources, the Pyongyang Pele averages 37 goals a game, more than enough to have shifted the team’s fortunes in their favor. Oh well. As a consolation, we’ve got the digital equivalent of orange slices and Capri Sun waiting on the sidelines—a new product.
Rampage Frameless Jeep Soft Top—Rampage did for Jeep soft tops what children with London smiles wish their orthodontists could do for them: eliminate the headgear. These frameless tops mount to your roll cage, so there’s no clunky frame to adjust and no embarrassment at sleepovers.
Now, we spend a lot of time on this blog talking about the all the shiny new automotive toys we’ve added up. But, we started hearing some squawking coming from the stock room. Apparently, some of our best-selling accessories and brands are jealous about all the attention the upstart accessories have been getting. So, to stave off a mutiny, we’re giving a special shout-out to all the unsung heroes:
Seat Covers—We all sit on mustard packets from time to time, but your auto’s upholstery should not have to suffer because of the office hazing we’ve been enduring for the past five years. Wait, am I the only one? Hey, Jerry! WTF?
- Sheepskin Seat Covers—If you’ve walked through downtown Manhattan, shopped at American Apparel or read the latest issue of Vice, you know ’80s fashion is back. Nothing complements your Yaz reissues and neon sunglasses like vintage sheepskin seat covers.
- Rampage Seat Covers—Jeep heads know that Rampage crafts seat covers that are tough enough to keep up with their busy rock-crawling schedules and mud-bogging appointments.
Brakes. They’re the invaluable parts that keep you from plowing into the Benz in front of you when you’re rubber necking that Brazilian barista brewing up café con leche at her sidewalk cart.
- Brake Pads—Brake calipers without quality brake pads are like two slices of buttered Roman Meal without the bologna. Complete the sandwich.
- Brembo Brakes—The pros know that Brembo Brakes are the bee’s knees. They come from Italy, for Mama Celeste’s sake. What more has to be said?
Car Covers—In a garage or out on the street, stray cats will find your warm hood and will knead biscuits with their paws and claws on your finish. Protect your investment from felines by slipping on a car cover and throwing out your catnip air freshener.
- Outdoor Car Covers—They’re the thin grey line between your ride’s pristine finish and a sludgy slurry of bird squeeze.
- Covercraft Car Covers—The biggest cheese in the car cover fromagerie is none other than Covercraft, who’s been crafting artisanal covers for decades.
Exhaust, Mufflers & Tips—Car go BOOM.
- Universal Mufflers—Getting 50 guys to agree on universal healthcare is impossible. On the subject of universal mufflers, though, the support is unanimous.
- Borla Exhaust—What sets Borla apart from other exhaust builders? Besides the generations of experience under their belts, they craft every exhaust from choice stainless steel, just like those fansy-pants Japanese kitchen knives you’re still paying off from last year.
Running Boards—While they might not be as exciting as Schwarzenegger’s classic Running Man, installing running boards won’t give you nightmares about Captain Freedom and Dynamo chasing you down.
Bike Racks—You believe in the Critical Mass ethos, but you also live in the ‘burbs. What’s a sympathetic 30-something scenester to do?
- Hitch Mount Bike Racks—Tired of aggravating your hernia every time you hoist your Huffy into your roof bike carrier? A hitch mount bike rack eliminates the strain.
- Thule Bike Racks—Just as Joy Division sowed the post-punk seeds and Neutral Milk Hotel fine-tuned indie-rock’s roots, Thule bike racks have laid the foundation for how a proper bike rack should be built.
Tonneau Covers—Like a toupee for your truck bed, a tonneau covers up the bald spot, boosting your MPGs and your opposite-sex appeal.
- Truxedo Tonneau Covers—Pink tuxes and zoot suits have all be done before. If you want your wedding video to go viral, try draping yourself with a Truxedo tonneau. They’re the Armani of tonneau makers.
Truck Tents—Staring up at the stars is fine, but being bitten on your eyelid by a centipede in the middle of the night kind of ruins the camping experience. Truck tents smooth out the rough edges of roughing it.
- SUV & Minivan Tents—Whether you’re taking the family out on a camping excursion or simply need to take a little break from your family, an SUV or minivan tent is there for you and won’t ask any questions.
- Sportz—Not to be confused with Bratz, Sportz builds some of the finest truck tents around. They have nothing to do with sassy plastic dolls.
Posted in Auto Accessories, Auto Parts, Brakes, Car Covers, Exhaust Systems, Jeep Accessories, Seat Covers, Tonneau Covers, Uncategorized
Tagged Auto Accessories, Auto Anything, Auto Parts, AutoAnything, Jeeps, Trucks, World Cup
It’s true. Big changes don’t just come after getting your fortune read by an unplugged Zoltar Speaks machine. Case in point: AutoAnything’s Accessory Aisle section underwent some hefty construction last night, resulting in a new, improved way to shop, here’s what happened:
- Mobile Electronics: The high-tech home to everything from power adapters to backup sensors and cameras.
- Tire & Wheel Accessories: Everything you’d ever need for your wheels and tires (save for aftermarket wheels or new tires…for now).
- Winter Driving Accessories: Here’s where you’ll find snow plows, snow shades, snow chains, snow men, Snow Patrol, and the latest Macintosh operating system, Snow Leopard.
- Garage Accessories: Updated with new categories and a new piece of carpet positioned under your Dodge’s leaky oil pan.
- Tailgating Accessories: Remember the Automotive Gear department? This is now that, only trimmed down to showcase the stuff you’d use to party in a parking lot.
- Travel Accessories: Dead is the Driving Accessories department and its hodgepodge of automotive bric-a-brac. From its ashes rises Travel Accessories (now with approximately 43% less bric-a-brac).
Oh, and we also launched some new products for good measure:
- Clean Tools Ultimate Car Cleaning Kit – Since that orbital power-waxer and rolling cooler/stool combo don’t quite define you as a clean-car guy, there’s this, the Ultimate Car Cleaning Kit from Clean Tools.
- Clean Tools Ultimate Detailing Kit – If Obsessive Auto Detailing were a spectator sport, this would be akin to pro swimming’s Arena X-Glide.
- Clean Tools Ultimate Car Wash Kit – If you wash your car like a mysophobe washes his hands, this is the kit for you.
- Clean Tools Absorber Synthetic Chamois – You know, there always seems to be a time and place for synthetic leather. And this little guy puts more shame on ShamWow than Vince Shlomi.
- AlphaTherm Windshield Washer Heater – Writing your name in the snow was never this much fun.
- Rampage Jeep Seat Covers – Rampage: it’s not just a classic arcade game or a side effect of the HGH you’ve been injecting between your toes. It’s also a company that makes stuff for your Jeep, like this new set of seat covers we launched. Also comes with a matching steering wheel cover because, as Rampage’s demographic studies indicate, people with messy bottoms often have cruddy hands, too.
- Smittybilt Nerf Steps – Dress your vehicle to the nines with the style and strength of these tough new steps.
- Smittybilt Sure-Step Nerf Steps – Unlike those other slippery nerf steps, these ones give you a firm stepping point.
A slew of new Jeep items came in from Rugged Ridge:
- Jeep Air Intake System – Power-up your Jeep’s lungs with this oxygen-sucking system.
- Jeep Throttle Body Spacers – If your Jeep needs some space, it doesn’t mean you need to start packing your bags. Just pick up one of these.
- HID Off-Road Lights – Because driving in the dark never works out very well. Light up your trails with the power of HID lights.
- Jeep Exhaust Headers – Built for both extreme and Xtreme conditions, these headers take on your toughest challenges.
- Jeep Exhaust System – Adds style and tone to the back of your Jeep with its dual-tip design and cat-back goodness.
That’s it for this weekly installment, check back later for some slacker-friday fun.
Posted in Air Intake Systems, Auto Accessories, Auto Parts, Automotive Lights, Car Care Products, Exhaust Systems, Garage Accessories, Jeep Accessories, Product Review
Tagged 2009, Auto Anything, AutoAnything, Autos, Cars, Electronics, Garage, Jeep, Jeeps, New, Rampage, Smittybilt, Suv, Tools, Trucks, Winter Driving
Yes, another Friday is upon us. In San Diego, the sun is shining, its a comfortable 80 degrees outside and there’s a south-western swell working it’s way toward the shore. Since I don’t want to admit that summer is almost over, I’m going to stay in denial and make the most of it.
If you’re looking to kill a little time, check out the six new products we added this week. The Edge Evolution
has been updated with two new models, the CS (color screen) and the CTS (Color TouchScreen). A few more jeep accessories
were added, and we teamed up with IFW to give you a high-quality truck bed slide
- Westin Wind Guard – Crack open your windows without letting in deafening wind noise. These vent visors are made by Wade, branded by Westin and molded from sleek plastic that’ll keep the wind at guard.
- IFW Bed Slide – If you’re not made of the same stuff as Stretch Armstrong, then the BedSlide helps you easily load and unload your truck bed.
- Edge CS Evolution Programmer – See all of your tuning power in full color with this Edge Evolution power programmer. (CS = Color Screen)
- Edge CTS Evolution Programmer – Like an iphone for your engine, the CTS has the same programming power of the CS but with a color touch screen (CTS!)
- Smittybilt Jeep Cargo Net – It makes your dune-dude look like it’s wearing a Von Dutch mesh hat…
- Smittybilt Jeep Tonneau Cover – Imagine a layer of Saran wrap on a frat house john, except that it’s over your Jeep’s boot and not transparent.
Posted in Auto Accessories, Auto Parts, Gas Saving Products, Jeep Accessories, Performance Chips, Product Review, Tonneau Covers
Tagged Jeep, Jeeps, Perfomance Tuner, Perfomance Tuners, performance chip, performance chips, Power Programmer, power programmers, Truck, Trucks
Doesn’t it seems like we have a never ending flow of new products? Well, we do, so if last week’s additions weren’t enough, we’ve got some more goodies for you this week.
- INNO Roof Rack – Remember all those INNO racks we added last week? Well now you can mount them up to a genuine INNO roof rack. With it, you can dress your naked roof and load it up with two kegs, one raft and seven inflatable sheep.
- Smittybilt XRC Jeep Sliders – Guard your Jeep’s body panels from rocks, wrecks and runaway bassinettes.
- Smittybilt Bull Bar – These bars stand tough against rocks, road debris and..eh hem..an onslaught of butterflies?
- Firestone Air Bags – If you need a dynamic suspension setup, put your trust in a Firestone air springs. They levels loads, tames roads and keeps your rig from bottoming out.
- Firestone Level Rite – Lets you traverse the terrain with more stability and less sag.
- Air Zenith OB2 Air Compressor – Pumps up your tires and air suspension so you can fly gracefully down the road. Up to 200PSI of air goodness.
- Air Zenith Digital Air Suspension Gauge – Monitors your air suspension’s pressure with brilliant LEDs on a modern gauge face.
- Dee Zee Ladder Rack – Perfect for hauling ten foot long party subs to your next event.
- Dee Zee Auto Safe – Out on the wild roads, you need a place to store your most valuable possessions. This car safe has a key and keypad, for easy access.
- Dee Zee Truck Ramp – Loading up your payload is fast and easy with these sturdy truck ramps.
Now gone on, it’s Friday, take a half day and get out of the office… scoot!
Posted in Auto Accessories, Auto Parts, Automotive Gauges, Jeep Accessories, Product Review, Roof Racks
Tagged Air Zenith, Auto Anything, AutoAnything, Dee Zee, Firestone, INNO, Jeep, Jeeps, Smittybilt, Suspension, Truck, Truck Accessories, Trucks