On a side note, the phone fairy stopped by AutoAnything’s office last night and left us all Avaya treats. What I can’t get over, though, is how similar the ringer sounds to the jingle the toilets at Tokyo’s Narita Airport play after you’ve made an honorable deposit. Skeevey.
Oh yeah, we also added some new accessories to our digital shelves. Dig these:
Superwinch S3000 Winch—When not winching crime, Superwinch dons the mild-mannered affect of a hack journalist.
Superwinch S4000 Winch—This Superwinch winch is stronger than the S3000, but also more sensitive to pictures of starving children…a winch that’s not afraid to cry.
Superwinch LP8500 Winch—With 8,500 lbs of line pull, the only thing this 8000 lb winch can’t do is replace your beloved manga body pillow, Kumiko.
Superwinch EP 9.0 Winch—This Superwinch winch boasts 9,000 lbs of line pull, perfect for recovering from a mud hole, but you’ll need a patient shrink to recover from the news that Nazareth isn’t including your city on their 2010 Love Still Hurts tour.
Superwinch EPi 9.0 Winch—The EP 9.0 winch has 100′ of wire rope. The EPi 9.0 has 125′. Do the math—you can go 25% more bananas on your next Jeep jamboree with these winches.
Superwinch EP 12.5 Winch—The perfect winch for rescuing your rig or pulling out the load-bearing supports on that granny flat your neighbor built too close to your property line. Damn you, McGillicuddy!
Superwinch EP 16.5 Winch—For perspective, this brawny winch has enough backbone to reel in almost 23 pairs of McGwire twins simultaneously.
Superwinch S5000 Winch—Compared to its bigger brethren, this winch may seem like a Webster among Reruns, but it kicks like Mister Ed.
Kurgo Combo Package—Kurgo Dog On the Go survival kit contents check. In it you’ll find: one bright orange and black Quantum Leash, one Tru-Fit Smart Harness with padded chest plate, one nylon webbed Wander Collar…shoot, a fella’ could have a pretty good weekend in Dallas with all that stuff.
Kurgo Co-Pilot Dog Seat Cover—Dog may be your co-pilot, but it’s not going to stop her frothy lather of slobber from raining down all over your seat. These seat covers for dogs from Kurgo can help protect you from resenting your dog vs. cat decision.
Softride Ski Rack Attachment—It converts your Softride bike rack into a ski & snowboard rack when you want to convince your coworkers that you do more on the weekends than simply curl up fetal and weep.
Posted in New Products, Pet Travel Products, Product Review, Seat Covers, Ski Racks
Tagged Dog Leash, Dog Seat Cover, Kurgo, Ski Rack, Snowboard Rack, Softride, Superwinch, Winch, Winches
Today’s new product announcement goes out to Justin Bieber. Tiger, you put a beat in our normally bleak, protestant work ethic.
Bestop PowerBoards—If machines had consciousness, I bet every time these shockingly high-tech auto-retracting running boards from Bestop tuck up against your rocker panels that they think to themselves, “I’d step on me” while Q Lazzarus’s Goodbye Horses plays through their mechanized and weatherproofed brain.
Bonus—There’s a $100 rebate for these Bestop running boards, but you only have until 10/31/2010 to save. So act with moderate haste.
Bestop TrekStep—A pickup without a retractable, rear-mounted truck step that works when your tailgate is open is like a key party without high balls and Herb Alpert records—the resulting knee aches, back pains and self-recrimination are rude awakenings, reminding you that you’re not 34 anymore (and it’s not 1974 anymore, either). Hey, pops. Act your age with a Bestop tailgate step.
CalTrend Tweed Seat Covers—King Edward VII’s favourite fabric was tweed, and who are we to question the most dashing constitutional monarch in history? Besides, were we to speak out against his taste in canvas seat covers, especially the finely tailored seat covers made by Cal Trend, he’d repress us lowly peasants and demonstrate the violence inherent in the system.
PRODUCT UPDATE: TruXedo Lo Pro QT Harley-Davidson Soft Roll Up Tonneau Cover—Good news from the Lo Pro QT Harley-Davidson Tonneau front: TruXedo has redesigned these soft roll up tonneau covers with a more tastefully-sized, embossed bar and shield logo. They’re still the same tonneau covers that hog heads have known and loved for years, only a lot easier on the eyes.
Posted in Auto Accessories, Auto Parts, Product Review, Seat Covers, Tonneau Covers, Travel Accessories, Truck Bed Accessories
Tagged Auto Anything, AutoAnything, Bestop, CalTrend, Car accessories, Justin Bieber, Running Boards, seat covers, tonneau covers, Truck Steps, Trucks, Truxedo
I wonder: would North Korea have lost 7 : 0 to Portugal had their top striker, Kim Jong Il, not fallen ill? According to state sources, the Pyongyang Pele averages 37 goals a game, more than enough to have shifted the team’s fortunes in their favor. Oh well. As a consolation, we’ve got the digital equivalent of orange slices and Capri Sun waiting on the sidelines—a new product.
Rampage Frameless Jeep Soft Top—Rampage did for Jeep soft tops what children with London smiles wish their orthodontists could do for them: eliminate the headgear. These frameless tops mount to your roll cage, so there’s no clunky frame to adjust and no embarrassment at sleepovers.
Now, we spend a lot of time on this blog talking about the all the shiny new automotive toys we’ve added up. But, we started hearing some squawking coming from the stock room. Apparently, some of our best-selling accessories and brands are jealous about all the attention the upstart accessories have been getting. So, to stave off a mutiny, we’re giving a special shout-out to all the unsung heroes:
Seat Covers—We all sit on mustard packets from time to time, but your auto’s upholstery should not have to suffer because of the office hazing we’ve been enduring for the past five years. Wait, am I the only one? Hey, Jerry! WTF?
- Sheepskin Seat Covers—If you’ve walked through downtown Manhattan, shopped at American Apparel or read the latest issue of Vice, you know ’80s fashion is back. Nothing complements your Yaz reissues and neon sunglasses like vintage sheepskin seat covers.
- Rampage Seat Covers—Jeep heads know that Rampage crafts seat covers that are tough enough to keep up with their busy rock-crawling schedules and mud-bogging appointments.
Brakes. They’re the invaluable parts that keep you from plowing into the Benz in front of you when you’re rubber necking that Brazilian barista brewing up café con leche at her sidewalk cart.
- Brake Pads—Brake calipers without quality brake pads are like two slices of buttered Roman Meal without the bologna. Complete the sandwich.
- Brembo Brakes—The pros know that Brembo Brakes are the bee’s knees. They come from Italy, for Mama Celeste’s sake. What more has to be said?
Car Covers—In a garage or out on the street, stray cats will find your warm hood and will knead biscuits with their paws and claws on your finish. Protect your investment from felines by slipping on a car cover and throwing out your catnip air freshener.
- Outdoor Car Covers—They’re the thin grey line between your ride’s pristine finish and a sludgy slurry of bird squeeze.
- Covercraft Car Covers—The biggest cheese in the car cover fromagerie is none other than Covercraft, who’s been crafting artisanal covers for decades.
Exhaust, Mufflers & Tips—Car go BOOM.
- Universal Mufflers—Getting 50 guys to agree on universal healthcare is impossible. On the subject of universal mufflers, though, the support is unanimous.
- Borla Exhaust—What sets Borla apart from other exhaust builders? Besides the generations of experience under their belts, they craft every exhaust from choice stainless steel, just like those fansy-pants Japanese kitchen knives you’re still paying off from last year.
Running Boards—While they might not be as exciting as Schwarzenegger’s classic Running Man, installing running boards won’t give you nightmares about Captain Freedom and Dynamo chasing you down.
Bike Racks—You believe in the Critical Mass ethos, but you also live in the ‘burbs. What’s a sympathetic 30-something scenester to do?
- Hitch Mount Bike Racks—Tired of aggravating your hernia every time you hoist your Huffy into your roof bike carrier? A hitch mount bike rack eliminates the strain.
- Thule Bike Racks—Just as Joy Division sowed the post-punk seeds and Neutral Milk Hotel fine-tuned indie-rock’s roots, Thule bike racks have laid the foundation for how a proper bike rack should be built.
Tonneau Covers—Like a toupee for your truck bed, a tonneau covers up the bald spot, boosting your MPGs and your opposite-sex appeal.
- Truxedo Tonneau Covers—Pink tuxes and zoot suits have all be done before. If you want your wedding video to go viral, try draping yourself with a Truxedo tonneau. They’re the Armani of tonneau makers.
Truck Tents—Staring up at the stars is fine, but being bitten on your eyelid by a centipede in the middle of the night kind of ruins the camping experience. Truck tents smooth out the rough edges of roughing it.
- SUV & Minivan Tents—Whether you’re taking the family out on a camping excursion or simply need to take a little break from your family, an SUV or minivan tent is there for you and won’t ask any questions.
- Sportz—Not to be confused with Bratz, Sportz builds some of the finest truck tents around. They have nothing to do with sassy plastic dolls.
Posted in Auto Accessories, Auto Parts, Brakes, Car Covers, Exhaust Systems, Jeep Accessories, Seat Covers, Tonneau Covers, Uncategorized
Tagged Auto Accessories, Auto Anything, Auto Parts, AutoAnything, Jeeps, Trucks, World Cup
The work week is over. It’s Saturday, which means you’ve got some time for a quick tune up before hitting beaches, bays, mountains, oceans, corn fields, etc. Take a quick gander at what we added this week, there are some fun products in this grab bag! From new seat covers to vintage signs to iPod car adapters, get’em while they’re hot!
- Dice iPod Adapter – Have you been wanting to thump the tunes like you pump your shoes? Well Dice Electronics has got the hooks you need to pimp your iPod or iPhone on your stock stereo. This is our first iPod car adapter, but we’ve got more on the way, so keep your eyes peeled.
- SignPast Signs – Perfect for the garage, bachelor pad, 60’s diner or office cubicle, these vintage signs will turn any drab wall into a more rustic…drab wall.
Coverking Seat Covers – And here’s another heaping helping of AutoAnything’s heritage product— car seat covers.
Posted in Auto Accessories, Auto Parts, Garage Accessories, Mobile Electronics, Product Review, Seat Covers
Tagged Auto Parts, Autos, Car accessories, Cars, Garage, Garage Accessories, iPhone, iPod, iPod adapters, iPod Car Adapters, seat covers, Signs, Trucks, Vintage, Vintage Signs