I wonder: would North Korea have lost 7 : 0 to Portugal had their top striker, Kim Jong Il, not fallen ill? According to state sources, the Pyongyang Pele averages 37 goals a game, more than enough to have shifted the team’s fortunes in their favor. Oh well. As a consolation, we’ve got the digital equivalent of orange slices and Capri Sun waiting on the sidelines—a new product.
Rampage Frameless Jeep Soft Top—Rampage did for Jeep soft tops what children with London smiles wish their orthodontists could do for them: eliminate the headgear. These frameless tops mount to your roll cage, so there’s no clunky frame to adjust and no embarrassment at sleepovers.
Now, we spend a lot of time on this blog talking about the all the shiny new automotive toys we’ve added up. But, we started hearing some squawking coming from the stock room. Apparently, some of our best-selling accessories and brands are jealous about all the attention the upstart accessories have been getting. So, to stave off a mutiny, we’re giving a special shout-out to all the unsung heroes:
Seat Covers—We all sit on mustard packets from time to time, but your auto’s upholstery should not have to suffer because of the office hazing we’ve been enduring for the past five years. Wait, am I the only one? Hey, Jerry! WTF?
- Sheepskin Seat Covers—If you’ve walked through downtown Manhattan, shopped at American Apparel or read the latest issue of Vice, you know ’80s fashion is back. Nothing complements your Yaz reissues and neon sunglasses like vintage sheepskin seat covers.
- Rampage Seat Covers—Jeep heads know that Rampage crafts seat covers that are tough enough to keep up with their busy rock-crawling schedules and mud-bogging appointments.
Brakes. They’re the invaluable parts that keep you from plowing into the Benz in front of you when you’re rubber necking that Brazilian barista brewing up café con leche at her sidewalk cart.
- Brake Pads—Brake calipers without quality brake pads are like two slices of buttered Roman Meal without the bologna. Complete the sandwich.
- Brembo Brakes—The pros know that Brembo Brakes are the bee’s knees. They come from Italy, for Mama Celeste’s sake. What more has to be said?
Car Covers—In a garage or out on the street, stray cats will find your warm hood and will knead biscuits with their paws and claws on your finish. Protect your investment from felines by slipping on a car cover and throwing out your catnip air freshener.
- Outdoor Car Covers—They’re the thin grey line between your ride’s pristine finish and a sludgy slurry of bird squeeze.
- Covercraft Car Covers—The biggest cheese in the car cover fromagerie is none other than Covercraft, who’s been crafting artisanal covers for decades.
Exhaust, Mufflers & Tips—Car go BOOM.
- Universal Mufflers—Getting 50 guys to agree on universal healthcare is impossible. On the subject of universal mufflers, though, the support is unanimous.
- Borla Exhaust—What sets Borla apart from other exhaust builders? Besides the generations of experience under their belts, they craft every exhaust from choice stainless steel, just like those fansy-pants Japanese kitchen knives you’re still paying off from last year.
Running Boards—While they might not be as exciting as Schwarzenegger’s classic Running Man, installing running boards won’t give you nightmares about Captain Freedom and Dynamo chasing you down.
Bike Racks—You believe in the Critical Mass ethos, but you also live in the ‘burbs. What’s a sympathetic 30-something scenester to do?
- Hitch Mount Bike Racks—Tired of aggravating your hernia every time you hoist your Huffy into your roof bike carrier? A hitch mount bike rack eliminates the strain.
- Thule Bike Racks—Just as Joy Division sowed the post-punk seeds and Neutral Milk Hotel fine-tuned indie-rock’s roots, Thule bike racks have laid the foundation for how a proper bike rack should be built.
Tonneau Covers—Like a toupee for your truck bed, a tonneau covers up the bald spot, boosting your MPGs and your opposite-sex appeal.
- Truxedo Tonneau Covers—Pink tuxes and zoot suits have all be done before. If you want your wedding video to go viral, try draping yourself with a Truxedo tonneau. They’re the Armani of tonneau makers.
Truck Tents—Staring up at the stars is fine, but being bitten on your eyelid by a centipede in the middle of the night kind of ruins the camping experience. Truck tents smooth out the rough edges of roughing it.
- SUV & Minivan Tents—Whether you’re taking the family out on a camping excursion or simply need to take a little break from your family, an SUV or minivan tent is there for you and won’t ask any questions.
- Sportz—Not to be confused with Bratz, Sportz builds some of the finest truck tents around. They have nothing to do with sassy plastic dolls.