My mistake, it’s a Leopard.
Posted in News Worthy, Stupid Stunts
Tagged Animals, Audi, BMW, Cats, Crazy, Funny, Jaguar, Kitty, Leopard, Weird
I know it’s a little early, but Happy Halloween! It’s another crazy day here at AutoAnything and we are celebrating it in full costume. Togas, clowns, and the whole Beetlejuice crew have joined the AutoAnything team for a day fun tricks and good treats. We also got some new products to help us celebrate the mummies return. For starters, we now have a proper area for our license plate frames, broken down by type to help you find what your looking for. So if you want a standard plate, or maybe some palm trees, bamboo, a US flag or some sexy looking ladies to accent your plate, we’ve got what you need in an easy-to-sort manner. With this new build out comes two new products from License 2 Bling:
Now, AutoAnything isn’t exactly a player in the plastic surgery business. But, this week’s new product launch definitely made us an even bigger cheese in the world of automotive augmentation. Snip snip.
- FEY SureStep Bumper – Suck a rock, Seger—the only thing standing arrow-straight ‘round these parts is the FEY SureStep.
- FEY DiamondStep Bumper – Look closely at the opening of Breakfast at Tiffany’s and you’ll see that Holly Golightly is actually eyeballing a FEY DiamondStep in the window of Tiffany’s.
That’s what I’ve got for now, check back later for your standard Friday-afternoon time killer.
PS: We also have a 10% off sale, check the site for details!
UPDATE: MORE NEW PRODUCTS
Whoops, looks like we actually had some other products that went live, so this week, you get more treats than tricks from us.
Two new product categories:
- Garage Toolboxes – Because kitchen toolboxes would be silly.
- Grille Covers – Because some times its a good idea to cover your grille up in the winter time.
Eight New Products:
- Pink Box Bench Tool Box – Perfect for storing 2 turtle doves, 3 French hens or 5 goooolden rings. Choose from 2, 3 or 5 drawers.
- Pink Truck Tool Box – You’ve seen the stickers “Silly boys, trucks are for girls.” Now we have the truck toys to prove it!
- Pink Wall Cabinet – Who needs picture frames when you can hang these on the walls?
- Pink Rolling Tool Box – So your tools won’t get lost like copywriters in a trash heap.
- Pink Cordless Driver & Bit Set – No more getting tangled in useless cords. This cordless says goodbye to tangles better than Johnson’s No More Tangles Spray.
- Pink Box Home Repair Set – Your solution to wanting to be “Fix It” Barbie or Ken.
- Pink Tool Cart – When you’re left on the streets you can push something more stylish than your shopping cart.
- Fia Front Grille Covers – Better than a snuggie or a bug swatter for your car.
Posted in Auto Accessories, Auto Parts, Garage Accessories, Product Review
Tagged Auto Anything, AutoAnything, Bling, Bumpers, cabinets, Fey Bumper, Halloween, Happy Halloween, Holidays, License Plate Frames, Pink, Sale, Step Bumper, tool box, Tools
Lets face it, the new Camaro is HOT! And we want to help make it even hotter, which is why we’ve added a new Street Scene body kit and spoiler to make it look mean. And now you can give all that show some serious go with one of our performance chips. There’s a handful of tuners that already support the 2010 Camaro, here’s the breakdown:
- Hypertech Max Energy – For the 6.2L engine, you get an estimated 12+ hp, 20+ft-lbs of torque (manual transmission)
- DiabloSport Predator– For the 6.2L engine, you get an estimated 10-20 hp, 10-20 ft-lbs of torque (manual transmission)
- DiabloSport Trinity – For the 6.2L engine, you get an estimated 10-20 hp, 10-20 ft-lbs of torque (manual transmission)
- Jet Performance Chips – For the 6.2L engine, you get an estimated 15-17 hp, 15-17 ft-lbs of torque (SS, manual transmission)
While these are all good options from companies that have proven their tuning abilities time and time again, now there’s a new guy on the block that’s looking to push the limits and deliver some serious performance gains. Meet the Special Edition Superchips Flashpaq.
The Flashpaq SE delivers performance results that the others can’t touch. If you’re sporting the SS with a manual transmission, you can now pack an additional 19.9 ponies under your hood and 18.3 ft-lbs of torque. Did you get the automatic? Good news there too, because the drivetrain efficiencies net you 21 extra horses and 21 ft-lbs of torque! Now that’s some serious muscle; throw on the standard bolt-on’s and you’ve got a Camaro that’ll lead any pack. Get yours today at AutoAnything.com.
For reference here are the part numbers for all these tuners:
- Superchips 2885 – Flashpaq Programmer, 2010 Chevy Camaro SS, 6.2L V8 (Manual and Auto)
- Hypertech 32006 – Max Energy Programmer, 2010 Chevy Camaro SS, 6.2L V8 (Manual and Auto)
- Jet 11008 – 2010 Chevy Camaro SS, 6.2L V8 (Manual and Auto), Stage 1 – For Vehicles with No Modifications
- Jet 11008S – 2010 Chevy Camaro SS, 6.2L V8 (Manual and Auto), Stage 2 – For Vehicles with Modifications
- DiabloSport U7194 – Predator Programmer, 2010 Chevy Camaro SS, 6.2L V8 (Manual and Auto)
- DiabloSport T1000 – Trinity Programmer, 2010 Chevy Camaro SS, 6.2L V8 (Manual and Auto)
Posted in New Cars, News Worthy, Performance Chips, Product Review
Tagged 2010 Camaro, Camaro, Cars, Chevy, Chevy Camaro, Flashpaq, performance chips, Sports Cars, Superchips, Superchips Flashpaq
It’s not very often that a car is so blindingly fast that it’s on board computer management systems thinks there’s a problem. Well if it’s going to happen to anyone, it’s going to happen to John Hennessy and his crew. Watch as their 700 pony-pushing CTS-V runs an 11 second quarter-mile, and then procedes to alert On-Star because .99 G’s of acceleration registers as a “vehicle event”.
PS: This CTS-V SCREAMS!
Posted in Racing, Sports Cars, Tuners, Videos
Tagged Cadillac, Cadillac CTS-V, Chevy, Corvette, CTS-V, Family Cars, Hennessey, John Hennessey, On Star, Video, youtube, ZR1
Looks pretty crazy to me, but I don’t know if it’s as good as Ken Blocks drifting stunts.
Via the Examiner
Friends have asked me this question before. They seem to think its as easy as knowing the race course, kinda like F1. But rally is totally different; the courses are longer, road conditions vary and there are obstacles around every turn, not to mention fans hanging out on the track.
Watch as Irish rally driver Jimmy Deane pushes a Ford Escort MkII to the limits. Driving instructions come from Barry Meade, the co-driver, whose driving instruction is so overwhelmingly positive, you’d think his day job was being a motivational speaker.
Via AutoBlog and their sources…
Posted in Racing, Rally, Sports Cars, Videos
Tagged Cars, Driving, Fast Cars, Ford, Ford Escort, Irish, Rally, rally driving, Subaru, Video, WRC, youtube
It really doesn’t get much closer than this…
Posted in Stupid Stunts, Videos
Tagged Amazing, Car Crash, Cars, Close Encounter, Crash, Crazy, Red Light, Suv, Trucks, Video, youtube
Are you ready for some foooootttball!?! The season is well under way and we are getting amped up. Even though the Chargers lost to the Broncos last Monday, we’re still keeping our chins up… and they say San Diegan’s are fair-weather fans, sheesh!
Well, no matter where your sports-ties lie, you can show your pride and support with our new sports logo rugs and tailgating accessories.
- NFL Starter Rugs – It’s like inviting the ghost of Vince Lombardi into your home, except the rug won’t leave ectoplasmic smears on the bathroom door handle.
- MLB Starter Rugs – Makes your room feel like an authentic dugout—whether or not your room smells like one is up to you, your hygiene and how often you clean out your Big Gulp spittoon.
- NCAA Starter Rugs – Don’t want an HR department to get suspicious of your credentials? Surround yourself with flair from the school you “graduated” from.
- NCAA Football Rugs – Logos from every noteworthy school are available, save for Grand Lakes University. Sorry, Thornton Melon.
- NFL Football Rugs – Calm down, Ray Finkle. They’re printed with the laces out.
- NHL Starter Rugs – It’s like tossing an octopus onto your carpet.
- NHL Logo Carpet Floor Mats – It’s like tossing an octopus onto your floorboards.
- Military Starter Rugs – Ooh-rah?
Travel Pillows – These pillows give you the ultimate support, similar to the unrelenting support you give your 2-3 Chargers.
- Arm Pillow – After all that high-fiving (or remote throwing) your arm is going to need a good rest too.
- Back Pillow – So that you don’t slouch lower and lower in your chair if the game gets too depressing.
- Neck Pillow – In case the game’s a snoozer, your neck will be supported when you fall asleep in your chair.
Lloyd TruBerber Floor Mats – A close-up look reveals that these mats are actually made from thousands of small, natty dreads harvested from much larger loaf-of-bread dreads on the heads of Whole Foodies.
Lloyd TruBerber Cargo Mats – Same as above but cut for your trunk/cargo area/deck.
Posted in Auto Accessories, Floor Mats
Tagged basketball, College, Floor Mats, Football, hockey, MLB, NCAA, NFL, NHL, sports, tailgating
FYI, if you’re lucky enough to own one of these fine examples of American muscle, then you can now give it a more aggressive look with a custom body kit. We’ve teamed up with Street Scene to offer you a full body kit that is hot of the presses. Pick and choose your parts to make your own great look, or get all three for a more composed style. We are working on getting some better images up on the site, but it’s the same kit to be featured on the WD-40 Camaro at SEMA this year.
Here’s a few shots of the WD40 car, courtesy of the Camaro5 Forum:
If you’d like to order this, here are some quick links for you:
Posted in Auto Accessories, Auto Parts
Tagged 2010 Camaro, Auto Anything, AutoAnything, Body Kits, Camaro, Chevy, Ground Effects, Ground FX, Spoilers, Street Scene
The weather is cooler, it’s getting dark earlier, and there has even been some light drizzle that Southern Californians describe as heavy rain. This can only mean one thing—the seasons are changing. Fall is here, and before we know it, we’ll be clearing plates from the table after a Thanksgiving Feast. Then guess what?! It’s Christmas shopping season! With the stress of knowing there are just 71 days to get presents purchased, wrapped and put under the tree, we’ve launched 3 new products for early-Christmas shoppers everywhere.
- Vizualogic Quantum Overhead Monitors – How do you keep your kids’ yaps zipped on the road? Take a lesson from Houdini and practice the art of distraction by slipping a copy of The Secret of NIHM into the Vizualogic Quantum. Find this and more in our car monitors category.
Posted in Auto Accessories, Auto Parts, Mobile Electronics, Product Review, Trailer Hitches, Uncategorized
Tagged Auto Anything, AutoAnything, Car Monitors, Cars, christmas, Hitch Grills, Holidays, mud flaps, Overhead DVD Players, Suv, Trailer Hitch, Trailer Hitches, Trucks
Although no details have been released concerning the official lap time of the LF-A, several automotive journalists are offering up some serious praise for Lexus’ first venture into the world of super cars. Here’s a short interview with Thomas Bangma at the Ring. Tune back in on October 21st for the next round of LF-A news!
Posted in News Worthy, Nurburgring, Racing, Sports Cars, Supercars
Tagged Autos, Cars, Fast, Lexus, Lexus LF-A, LF-A, Super Car, Super Cars, Toyota
Capitalizing on the outdoorsy nature of the Subaru name, this ad explains how Subaru could be coming to a laundry room near you. Subaru 1, Mud 0.
Posted in Auto Manufacturers, News Worthy, Videos
Tagged Ad, Advertising, Clever, Detergent, Fresh, Funny, Funny Advertising, Funny Commercials, Funny Stuff, Laundry, Smart, Subaru, Subaru Outback
The work week is over. It’s Saturday, which means you’ve got some time for a quick tune up before hitting beaches, bays, mountains, oceans, corn fields, etc. Take a quick gander at what we added this week, there are some fun products in this grab bag! From new seat covers to vintage signs to iPod car adapters, get’em while they’re hot!
- Dice iPod Adapter – Have you been wanting to thump the tunes like you pump your shoes? Well Dice Electronics has got the hooks you need to pimp your iPod or iPhone on your stock stereo. This is our first iPod car adapter, but we’ve got more on the way, so keep your eyes peeled.
- SignPast Signs – Perfect for the garage, bachelor pad, 60’s diner or office cubicle, these vintage signs will turn any drab wall into a more rustic…drab wall.
Coverking Seat Covers – And here’s another heaping helping of AutoAnything’s heritage product— car seat covers.
Posted in Auto Accessories, Auto Parts, Garage Accessories, Mobile Electronics, Product Review, Seat Covers
Tagged Auto Parts, Autos, Car accessories, Cars, Garage, Garage Accessories, iPhone, iPod, iPod adapters, iPod Car Adapters, seat covers, Signs, Trucks, Vintage, Vintage Signs
It’s Friday and just after 4 o’clock on the West coast. What does that mean? About one hour of slack-time before heading home for a little R&R! And we’re here to help by bringing you some of the most high-tech, fanciest ASCII art we could find.
Exhibit A: The LOLZ Royce
Check out more amazing ASCII Art here.
In NG’s latest documentary, they head to the Lamborghini factory to find out how much work goes into building a raging bull. In this video, they show the attention to detail that the technicians use when painting the body panels.
It’s always been known that both Porsche and Ferrari make a majority of their profits from the custom work they put into their cars. The typical purchaser gets to choose the color of the paint, brake calipers, leather interior, stitching, tach color, etc. Sounds like a lot, but maybe not overwhelming… guess again.
Posted in Auto Manufacturers, New Cars, News Worthy, Sports Cars, Supercars
Tagged 458 Italia, Autos, Cars, Ferrari, Ferrari 458, Ferrari 458 Italia, Hot, Italia, Super Cars
Try as we may, we are powerless to resist the seductive force of Ziggy Stardust’s screwed-up eyes and screwed-down hairdo. Same goes for the 11 new products from Heininger Automotive that landed on our site last night:
- CommuteMate CellCup – It’s the cellphone organizer that uses your cupholder. Hopefully you have more than one cup holder, otherwise you gotta figure out what to do with your 128 oz. Double Gulp.
- CommuteMate NavCup GPS Holder – It holds your GPS on your dash and sits as a constant reminder of your inability to just ask the guy at the gas station for directions to Dairy Queen.
- Advantage BedRack Truck Bike Rack – It’s like the bike rack at your old elementary school, only mounted in your truck’s bed and not the locus of after school bullying.
- Advantage GlideAway Bike Rack – It pulls back like the bellows of an accordion, giving you quick access to your cargo area and conjuring up hard-to-shake images of Weird Al Yankovic.
- Advantage V Rack Bike Rack – This 2-Bike Rack mounts between your receiver hitch and your trailer (or tow bar). Huzzah!
- PortablePET FoodTote – It’s a kibble holder, water canteen and bowls all in one sleek container that looks like it belongs in Dr. Mario.
- PortablePET LunchBox – In the posh Tokyo neighborhood of Azabu, they call it the PortablePET Bento.
- PortablePET Pet Partition – Ideal for keeping your pooch safely confined in your cargo area, or for making a citizen’s arrest.
- PortablePET WaterBoy – Its spill-proof lid tells you that the soggy spot in your backseat isn’t water.
- HitchMate Cargo Bar – The bucket is not the issue here. Dude, I’m talking about drawing a line in the sand. The cargo bar draws the line, and your cargo does not slide.
- PortablePET PupHut – The best way to shade the fuzzy friend who’s riding in your truck bed—be it your dog or your cousin Lyle.
The Galibier isn’t expected to hit the market until 2013, but with an 8-liter W16 engine and $1.5 million dollar price tag, people are already waiting inline for it. A few new details were released today; the W16 is going to be tuned down to around 800 horsepower and the top speed will be limited to around 220 MPH. Even though this is 30+ MPH less than the Bugatti Veyron, it is still light years ahead of any other 4-door car in the world. There is also speculation that the 16C will share the same platform as the Bentley Mulsanne. Stay tuned, more details as they become available!
Posted in Auto Manufacturers, New Cars, News Worthy
Tagged Audi, Bugatti, Bugatti Galibier, Family Cars, Fast Cars, Luxury Cars, Porsche, Super Cars, Volkswagen