So did Chris Lentz. He’s actually wanted one for several decades, but his dream finally came true when he found a Czechoslovakian Motorlet M-701 turbo jet for sale. $10K later and a whole lot of JB Weld, the turbo jet was secured to the bed of his 2005 F150 STX. Despite the huge levels of power, this truck is still kinda slow; 0-60 in 8.5 seconds, finishing the quarter mile in 16.3 @ 103 MPH. Faster than a stock F150, yes. Slower than a stock Honda Civic SI, yes. But it’s not the lack of power, its all the extra weight. With the jet mounted to the truck bed, the curb weight of the F150 is a touch over 6,600 lbs! This must be the fastest truck in that weight class, and the coolest truck in any class. Video after the jump:
Posted in Cool Vehicles, News Worthy, Personal Projects, Videos
Tagged Awesome, F150, Flight, Ford, Ford F150, Horsepower, Jet, Rocket, Truck, Trucks
The production crew over at Top Gear has outdone themselves once again. This could be called the ultimate drag race. A showdown of Goliath and Goliath. In the right lane, we have a McLaren F1, the former champion of all things speed. In the 1990’s, the F1 broke the world record for the fastest production car by hitting 242 MPH. 15 years later, the Bugatti Veyron became the new heavy-weight champion, breaking the 250 MPH barrier and setting the record at 252 MPH. Although SSC’s Ultimate Aero and the Porsche 9ff GT9 claim faster speeds than the Veyron, neither of them are as refined or polished as the Veyron. If I were to choose one of these, the Veyron would most certainly be my choice.
Posted in Bugatti Veyron, Racing, Supercars, Top Gear, TV Shows, Videos
Tagged Bugatti, Drag, Drag Race, McLaren, McLaren F1, Super Car, Super Cars, Supercar
It’s alive and it sounds awesome!
Posted in News Worthy, Personal Projects, Sports Cars, Supercars, Tuners, Videos
Tagged Camaro, Chevy, Chevy Camaro, Chevy ZR1, Corvette, Corvette ZR1, Hennessey, Horsepower, LS9, Performance, ZR1
For all the Top Gear fans out there, the last show was a real doozy. Not only did the Top Gear presenters suggest that Michael Schumacher was the Stig, but they actually un-helmeted him on the show. He later ran Ferrari’s FXX around the test track; for those of you who missed the last episode, I won’t spoil it for you, but here’s the video so you can see how
slow incredibly fast Schumacher is.
What do you think? Is Shummie the real stig? Is he the only Stig?
Posted in News Worthy, Top Gear, Videos
Tagged BBC2, Cars, Ferrari, Ferrari FXX, Michael Schumacher, Racing, Top Gear, Top Gear Test Track, Video, You Tube
As the minutes wind down to quit’in time, you might start to think that the minute hand is actually moving backwards. Get the time off your mind for a few minutes and let your noodle process these new body kits!
- Xenon Body Kit – Make Vin Diesel jealous with the edgy style Xenon offers with their full body kits. These kits boast more aftermarket parts than Joan Rivers! They come ready for primer and paint, get yours today! You can find them in our new category: Full Body Kits
LAST MINUTE TONNEAU COVER DISCOUNT: Save $100 on the American Roll Tonneau Cover or American Work Tonneau Cover from Truck Covers USA. These are some top notch tonneaus that boast tough construction, rugged looks and hardened security. Save a hundred bucks off either of them by using the coupon code “TCUSA1“. Offer good through Monday, June 22nd.
And if you haven’t gotten your pops something for fathers day yet, we also put together a Dads & Grads Gift Guide to help you make a quick decision. Check it out if you got a minute, have a great weekend!
Posted in Auto Accessories, Auto Parts, Product Review, Tonneau Covers
Tagged Auto Anything, AutoAnything, Body Kit, Body Kits, Cars, Full Body Kits, Suv, Tonneau Cover, tonneau covers, Truck Bed Cover, Truck bed covers, Trucks
When winter comes and the snow starts rolling in, this is what the Amish do for fun.
It’s officially summer; time for some fun in the sun, cross country road trips and yes, higher gas prices. The average cost of fuel has gone up 62% in the last six months, but is still 61% lower than the national average 12 months ago. Compared to last year, $2.61/gallon is cheap. Compared to the year 2000, gas is 261% more expensive.
OPEC refuses to increase production until oil hits $75-80 a barrel. The current price of a barrel runs $66, so they are seeking nearly 20% higher fuel prices before they will consider upping production. The short of it is that gas prices are going to steadily increase over the summer, but it shouldn’t get as bad as it did last year. The best thing we can do to stave off higher gas prices is to embrace new technologies and speed our adoption of fuel-effiecient vehicles. Reduce demand, increase supply; learn more at GasBuddy.com.
Posted in News Worthy
Tagged Cars, Economy, Fuel, Fuel Economy, Fuel Prices, Gas, Gas Buddy, Gas Prices, News, Suv, Trucks
Hennessey announced today that it was able to squeeze in the 640 horsepower LS9 into the engine bay of the new Camaro. By the looks of the photos, the engine fits quite nicely. This is a considerable upgrade from the Camaro’s optional V8, but Hennessey wasn’t happy with just 640 ponies. Oh no, they’ll be working on pushing out over 700 to the wheels.
Only 24 LS9 Camaro’s will be made by Hennessy and 11 of them have already been pre-ordered. If you got a couple hundred grand laying around and fancy the new 2010 Camaro, get on the horn and talk to Mr. Hennessey. Pics after the jump!
UPDATE: HENNESSEY PRESS RELEASE AFTER THE JUMP – Performance Specs Included!
Posted in News Worthy, Personal Projects, Photos, Sports Cars, Supercars, Tuners
Tagged Camaro, Chevy, Chevy Camaro, Chevy ZR1, Corvette, Corvette ZR1, Hennessey, Horsepower, LS9, Performance, ZR1
Well the weekend went by in a flash yet again, and its time to kick off another long work week…sigh….But luckily AA has got some news that will cheer up performance tuning fans! For a limited time, get an amazing 10% OFF plus Free Shipping on selected Edge Chips & Tuners !
Edge Evolution Programmer
Beef up your ride with some major gains and up to 35HP boost!
Edge Mileage Max
Yes, gas prices are creeping up again, and there’s nothing you can do about it…unless you happen to invest in an Edge Mileage Max for some clear fuel economy gains.
Edge Juice Module
Heavy towing and powerful acceleration are two things that are usually not found together. Big rig owners can now change all of that.
Edge EZ Performance Module
Edge’s EZ Module comes with an unbeatable 2 year warranty.
Edge Comp Dodge Performance Module
Got Dodge? Well if you do, now you can maximize your HP gains.
Edge Attitude Monitor
Edge really outdid themselves with the Edge Attitude Monitor. Use it and be aware of your truck’s vital stats at all times.
Edge Insight Multi-Gauge Display
Keep up with your engine’s performance numbers all in one convenient unit.
Edge Trail Jammer
Ready for 20% HP boosts? Look no further than the Edge Trail Jammer!
Posted in Performance Chips, Product Review
Tagged Auto Anything, AutoAnything, Cars, Edge evolution, Edge Mileage Max, Edge Modules, Edge performance, Edge Products, Edge Tuners, power programmers, Suv, Trucks
Another work week has come and gone, but before you take off from the office for a fun weekend, check out the fruits of our labor, they might help you enjoy your weekends a little more.
RightLine Gear – We connected with owner of RightLine to offer you top-notch products from his PackRight & CampRight lines. Since you gotta pack to go camping, it made sense to add both.
APM Spoilers – You can be fast, you can be furious, but you can’t be fast AND furious without one of these. Available for both cars and trucks, get your choice of raw ABS, primer gray or factory-paint matched. Find these in our body kits category.
Fan Mats NBA Logo Floor Mats – They’re as tough as Barkley, as versatile as Garnett, and as romantic as Chamberlain.
StopTech Big Brake Kit – Packed with the kind of stopping power that the Magic wish they could have put on Fisher’s OT shot last night.
Other than getting the diablosport trinity in stock, this rounds out the new product additions for this week. Check back on Monday, we’ll have something else to help kill the boredom.
Posted in Auto Accessories, Auto Parts, Brakes, Floor Mats, Performance Chips, Roof Racks
Tagged Auto Anything, AutoAnything, Big Brake Kits, Brakes, Camping, Floor Mats, Logo Floor Mats, NBA, Spoilers, StopTech, Travel
Ah the internet. It is a never ending source of knowledge, entertainment and Fail blog photos. By tomorrow morning, there will undoubtedly be a funnier, more redickulous video than this one, but for now, you can enjoy the awesome power of this real life street fighter.
Posted in Stupid Stunts, Videos
Tagged Auto, Autos, Cars, Crazy, Funny, hilarious, junkyard, kung fu, martial arts, Random, street figher, Video, youtube
We don’t make announcements like this very often, but the long awaited, long antisipated DiabloSport Trinity programmer is now in stock at AutoAnything and ready to ship to your door. This power programmer is one bad dude; not only does it manage boost, increase horsepower and produce gobs of torque, but it gives you a way to monitor the key performance indexes of your engine in real time, ensuring a safe path to horsepower heaven. A few key points to know about the DiabloSport Trinity:
- Get 20-185 more ponys under the hood
- Customized tuning and user interface functions
- Virtual drag strip lets you record your 0-60, 1-100, 1/8- and 1/4-mile times
- Record and log data that is critical to your engines health, review later to make adjustments and fine tune your engine
- Comes with 5 Gauge Types: Radial, Wiper, Horizontal, Digital and a Playback Timer
- Check and clear diagnostic and check-engine codes
- Comes with an SD card slot for memory expansion and a USB 2.0 hookup for tuner updates, data logging downloads and custom tunes
The DiabloSport Trinity is the all-in-one programmer solution you’ve been looking for, check’em out today, even more vehicle applications will be released in the near future.
Posted in Auto Accessories, Engine Performance, Performance Chips, Product Review, Racing, Tuners
Tagged Auto Anything, AutoAnything, Diablo Sport, DiabloSport, DiabloSport Trinity, performance chips, power programmers, tuner
There have been a few electric motorcycle concepts that were produced over the last few years and one of them was produced into a production unit, although sales haven’t met the expected level of demand. But the timing was tough for these companies as times have gotten tough for a lot of people. Never the less, electric motorcycles a offer specific advantages over their fossil-fueled equivalents, namely torque-on-demand, zero emissions and the complete lack of excruciatingly-hot exhaust pipes. It’s was only a matter of time until electric-bikes made their way into professional racing competitions. Hit the jump to learn more about these ultra-fast machines and the future of Zero Emissions racing.
Posted in Motorcycles, News Worthy, Racing, Videos
Tagged E1pc, iPhone, Isle of Man, MotoCzysz, Motorbike, Motorcycle, Motorcycles, TTXGP, youtube, Zero Emissions
It’s another Friday and as the clock ticks down to quit’in time, you’re mind will likely wander, even day dream, about your upcoming two-days of freedom. To help fuel that mental desire to procrastinate and check a few more minutes off the proverbial count down to the weekend, I present you with our latest editions to the AutoAnything lineup; slack off and enjoy.
- Camp Right Truck Tent – What do the Amarok, Chupacabra and the Yeti have in common? They kill and eat unsuspecting campers, that’s what. Stay safe and sleep up off the deadly ground in your Camp Right Truck Tent.
- Go Rhino Kargo XLT Cargo Organizer – Finally, there’s a place to stash your maps, gloves and tire pressure gauge…oh, wait.
- Go Rhino Kargo Pro Cargo Organizer – Ideal for on-the-go Amway, Mary Kay, Amalgamated Brush, and Cutco sales professionals whose cars are not just their homes, but also their offices.
- Go Rhino Kargo Sport Cargo Organizer – Yeah, the 4 portable totes look a lot like a dweeb’s lunch box, but nerdy is chic, so suck it up.
- Go Rhino Aerosol Can Rack – The perfect place to store spray paint, chain lube or nitrous oxide (we won’t tell). Find this and more organizer solutions in our new garage storage systems category.
- Go Rhino 2 Row Aerosol Can Holder – A lot like the former, but with an optional towel rack.
- Go Rhino Oil Bottle Shelf – Keeps your garage floor from looking like the Prince William Sound circa 1989.
- Go Rhino Oil Bottle Holder – Like the oil bottle shelf, except this one offers an optional towel rack.
- Go Rhino Kargo Plus Rooftop Cargo Bag – Like a toupee for your naked roof—an expandable toupee with a hidden compartment that holds between 11 and 16 cubic ft of hair tonic.
- Wet Okole RealTree Camo Seat Covers – The only way to make your seats waterproof AND invisible—Wet Okole RealTree Seat Covers. Just like the original Wet Okole covers, except these can’t be seen by deer.
- AMP Power Step Running Boards – Get the convenience of running boards without sacrificing ground clearance. AMP Power Step Running Boards automatically extend when you open your door and then tuck away when you close it. $200 Mail-in rebate when you order AMP Power Step Running Boards today. Hurry, limited time offer.
- Truxedo Tonneau Trax Soft Roll Up Tonneau Cover – This soft roll up bed cover combines the time-tested Lo Pro QT tonneau with Truxedo’s new cargo management system. Adjustable anchors and no-drill install, plus a full Lifetime Warranty.
- Go Rhino Combination Storage Shelf – It’s a 2-tiered storage rack with ample space to organize your various lubes.
- Go Rhino Removable Spark Plug Caddy – It holds up to 8 spark plugs during tune-ups with more reliability than that whippersnapper your wife calls your son.
- Go Rhino Storage Bay – Sitting on the dock of the Go Rhino Storage Bay just isn’t the same, but at least it gives you a place to stash your helmet and chaps.
- Go Rhino Storage Shelf Combination – A garage without one of these to hang tie-downs and organize oil bottles is like Menudo without Ricky Melendez.
- Go Rhino Lockable Organizer – Organize supplies and keep kids and pets from getting to hazardous chemicals with this lockable cabinet. Available with or without towel holder.
- Go Rhino Gallon Storage Shelf – Gallon sized jugs are easy to store and keep organized with this handy shelf. Available in multiple color and size options.
- Go Rhino Garden Hose & Extension Cord Holder – Keep your cords and hoses from turning into a giant mess of spaghetti with the Go Rhino Garden Hose & Extension Cord Holder.
- Rampage Jeep Euro Grille Guards – Toughen-up the front end of your Jeep with this impressive grille guard.
- StopTech Stainless Steel Brake Line Kit – Forming that critical connection between your pedal and your brakes, StopTech Brake Line Kits deliver improved pedal response and feel.
- APM Ram Air Hoods – Install one of these and reign King of the Inland Empire.
Well, that takes another 5 minutes off the clock. Check back later, we’ll have something else to occupy your time.
Posted in Auto Accessories, Brakes, Garage Accessories, Jeep Accessories, Product Review, Storage Systems, Tonneau Covers
Tagged Auto, Auto Anything, AutoAnything, Autos, Brake Lines, Car, Cars, Garage, Garage Storage, Jeep, Power Step, Running Boards, seat covers, StopTech
Top Gear episodes can be hard to come by here in the states. If you have a decent cable TV package, you can sometimes catch episodes on the BBC2 network. Sure you can also scourage the internet in search of that perfect episode; YouTube, Hulu, torrent files, etc. But if you want a legal way to own copies of the show, then you’re left with fewer options. It can take forever for the TG crew to release the episodes on DVD. So why wait? Enter the Xbox Live Marketplace. For 160 points, which is about $2 worth, you can own your favorite episodes from seasons 10, 11 & 12. If you don’t own an Xbox, you can also find episodes of Top Gear on iTunes for about the same price.
Posted in News Worthy, Top Gear, TV Shows
Tagged BBC, iTunes, James May, Jeremy Clarkson, Racing, Richard Hammond, Top Gear, Top Gear Series, TV Shows, xbox, xbox 360
It was just a short 8 months ago when Ken Blocks Gymkhana video hit the net and it was one of the wildest drift videos ever produced. Utilizing a Crawford-prepped 530WHP Subaru STi, he danced through his Gymkhana practice course with the precision of Sebastien Loeb and finished by doing donuts around a brave soul riding a Segway.
Fast forward to today; Ken Block is now sporting a new STi that boasts 566 horsepower and a gazillion ft-lbs of torque. This is the best produced racing video I’ve ever seen (save for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb) bringing you long drifts, stupid-awesome stunts and lots of fire. So sit back, grab some popcorn and enjoy the many sensations brought to you by the burning of rubber.
Posted in News Worthy, Personal Projects, Racing, Rally, Safe Driving, Stupid Stunts, Videos
Tagged gymkhana, gymkhana 2, gymkhana two, Gymkhana2, GymkhanaTwo, ken block, ken block gymkana 2, ken block gymkana two, ken block ken block gymkana two, KenBlock