It’s Halloween! If you were in our office right now, you’d see everything from ghosts, goblins and werewolves to tennis players, hippies and 80′s rockers. Even with all the fun and games, there would be no way you would miss the HUGE line up of new products we added this week. No need to call the Ghost Busters, none of these new additions are haunted.
Yakima Q-Tower Base Rack System
We have been working really hard to build out our Roof Racks department with the best base racks available. Thule and Yakima are the two biggest names in the roof rack game and this week we have expanded our selection of Yakima racks with their Q Tower base rack system.
Yakima Q Towers are a base rack system that attaches to your bare roof so you can add any of Yakima’s roof-mounted rack accessories. Whether you need a kayak rack, a ski & snowboard rack, a cargo box or a bike rack, it’ll mount to the Q tower system. Yakima Q Towers are easy to install and do not require any drilling. Included in the box is:
- Four Q Towers
- Two Crossbars
- Mounting clips
Special Note: Yakima Q Towers are not intended to be used on vehicles with factory roof rails.
EZ Cover Cable and Key Lock
Remember the EZ Cover car cover we introduced last week? Well now you have a way to secure that car cover with the EZ Cover cable and key lock kit. This lock kit is available for purchase with every EZ Cover and comes in both 7 and 10 foot lengths.
Force feed your air intake with even more fuel-burning, oxygenated goodness with the Banks Super-Scoop Ram Air kit. By drawing air from below your front bumper, you’ll be getting a rush of cooler, more dense air into your intake. This leads to more horsepower, cooler EGT’s, better fuel economy and improved engine efficiency. You can find this kit in our new Ram Air Intakes category.
This product is intended for use with your Banks Ram Air intake system and is not a stand alone air intake. Maximize your performance gains by combining the Banks Ram Air Intake system with the Super Scoop and a Banks exhaust.
Two and a half months ago we added a pretty big line up of Autometer gauges. We know that everyone has a particular style when it comes to customizing their vehicle and automotive gauges should be able to look like they were factory installed. So what did we do? We got 17 new gauge styles that will blow your mind and complement your ride. Here’s a quick list of the gauges we think you’ll like the most.
- Autometer Cobalt Gauges – Black faced and backlit by lots of cobalt blue LED’s, these gauges are easy to read and look great!
- Autometer C2 Gauges – Similar to the Cobalt line, intense blue lighting is provided by multiple LED’s. These gauges feature a white face with an orange needle.
- Autometer Nexus Gauges – The Nexus series is top of the line. The LED’s which backlight the gauges can be changed to one of seven different colors so you get a perfect match to your interior everytime. The Nexus gauges can even playback recent measurements and have programmable warnings to help fine tune and protect your engine.
- Autometer NV Gauges – Bright anodized bezels with brilliant green backlights, these gauges are perfect for most newer vehicles.
- Autometer Sport Comp II – These black faced gauges scream high performance with their super white LED lighting and glowing red needles.
- Autometer Ultra Lite II – The Ultra Lite II’s have a white face with amber back lighting and bright red pointers for an illuminating experience.
- Street Rod Series – The Street Rod gauges are the perfect match for you old supe’d up hot rod. 9 different gauge styles means you’ll be able to find the perfect match to your old school interior.
You’ll find pictures of all these gauges below, if you want to see the other styles we’ve added this week, head on over to the Autometer Gauges page.
That’s all for this week, have a Happy Halloween!
Yakima Q Tower Base Rack Kit
Banks Super Scoop Ram Air Kit
EZ Cover Car Cover
Autometer Cobalt Gauges
Autometer C2 Gauges
Autometer Nexus Gauges
Autometer NV Gauges
Autometer Sport Comp II Gauges
Autometer Ultra Lite II Gauges
Posted in Air Intake Systems, Automotive Gauges, Car Covers, Product Review, Roof Racks
Tagged Air Intake Systems, Auto Anything, AutoAnything, Autometer, Autos, Car, car cover, car covers, Cars, Gauges, Roof Rack, roof racks, Yakima
The F150 is undisputably the most successful vehicle in the history of automobiles. At its peak, Ford was selling an F150 every 34 seconds, which is nearly 930,000 trucks sold in one year. Unfortunately for Ford, escalating gas prices have nearly killed truck sales this year, leaving them with tens of thousands of unsold vehicles. Ford knows they have a goose that lays golden eggs, they just need to figure out how to capitalize on it given the current market conditions.
Enter PML Fightlink, a UK based electric-motor and drive technology firm. Ford teamed up with PML to produce this one-off concept Ford F150 for the 2008 SEMA show. They started with a base crew cab F150 and striped out the engine, fuel system, transmission, gearbox, drivetrain, differentials and fuel tank to make room for a 40 kilowatt battery.
That 40kw battery powers four electric Hi-Pa drive motors that are installed at each wheel, and each motor produces 150 horsepower and 150 ft-lbs of torque at any RPM. The stock 5.4-liter V8 motor produced a healthy 320 horsepower, but with the Hi-Pa drive system, this F150 is now has 600 horses and 600 ft-lbs of torque on tap. A built-in generator recaptures kinetic energy that would have been lost during braking. This system is reported to be even more efficient than similar systems installed on today’s hybrid vehicles.
There is no word yet on any compromises this vehicle may make, like estimated range before a recharge is needed or even how long a recharge takes, but one thing is for sure, this is a giant leap forward for EV technology in trucks. It may be several more years before we see Hi-Pa drive technology in road going vehicles, but I’m confident that this technology will be a paramount factor for trucks and SUV’s returning to the roads.
Posted in Auto Manufacturers, Car Review, Concept Cars, Economy Cars, New Cars, News Worthy
Tagged Electric Car, Electric Cars, EV, F-150, F150, Ford, Ford F-150, Ford F150, SEMA, SEMA 2008, Truck, Trucks
We all know that the Corvette ZR1 is a beast, and today it has proved itself yet again. Jan Magnussen was at the wheel in the ZR1 this time and 73 turns later he was able to knock 4 seconds off the ZR1′s previous time of 7:26.4.
The new time of 7:22.4 seconds is fast. Really really fast, but it’s still .3 seconds behind Dodge’s best run in their Viper ACR. To be honest, these times should all be considered unofficial until the top manufacturers get together at the ‘Ring on the same day and run their cars at the same time in similar weather conditions. Then we’ll really have something to compare the cars against and nobody can call foul on using modified cars and upgraded tires. Porsche, I’m looking in your direction.
Stay tuned, I’m sure GM will be releasing the video soon!
Posted in Auto Manufacturers, Car Review, News Worthy, Racing, Sports Cars, Supercars
Tagged Auto News, Autos, Chevy, Chevy Corvette, Chevy ZR1, Corvette, Corvette ZR-1, Corvette ZR1, Fast Cars, Nurburgring, Race Cars, Racing
The F430 has been one of Ferrari’s top selling models for several years now. Although it still looks like one of the best supercars on the street, it is due for replacement. Codenamed the F142, the 430′s successor will be even lighter than the current Scuderia version which weighs a scant 2,750 pounds. Some of that weight will be shed from the engine by moving to a smaller V8 than the current 4.3-liter. To make up for the loss of displacement, Ferrari will probably be turbocharging the new model to give it that extra boost and maintain peak performance. It also seems likely that the F142 will look similar to Ferrari’s Mille Chilli concept, pictured above.
Ferrari’s goal to reduce emissions by 40% by 2012 is, to say the least, very admirable. Using lighter materials and smaller engines is one logical step for the Italian car maker, so you can expect to see similar treatments across the Ferrari lineup in the future.
Posted in Auto Manufacturers, New Cars, News Worthy, Supercars
Tagged Auto, Auto News, Autos, Car, Car News, Cars, Fast Cars, Ferrari, Ferrari F430, News, Sports Cars, Super Cars
From Honda making everybody listen to the William Tell Overture to someone wrapping their entire car in automotive foil, we’ve had a lot of strange and funny stories come buy our desks and the creativity of some peoples projects are simply amazing. I don’t know if you can really classify this as creative or just very James Bond-ish, but whatever you want to call it, there’s no denying that it’s cool.
Posted in Cool Vehicles, News Worthy, Personal Projects, Sports Cars, Stupid Stunts, Supercars, Videos
Tagged 007, Autos, Cars, Custom Garage, Custom Garages, Fast Cars, Garage, Garages, James Bond, Sports Car, Sports Cars, Super Cars, Supercars, Underground Garage, Video, Videos
Posted in Floor Mats, Product Review
Tagged Auto Anything, AutoAnything, Baseball, Canopies, Canopy, Car Canopies, Car Canopy, car cover, car covers, Car Floor Mats, Custom Garage, Floor Mat, Floor Mats, Flooring, Football, Garage, Garage Floor Tiles, Garage Flooring, Garages, Logo Floor Mats, Mats, MLB, MLB Floor Mats, MLB Logo Floor Mats, MLB Mats, NFL, NFL Floor Mats, NFL Logo Floor Mats, NFL Mats, Portable Garage, Portable Garages
Some time ago we wrote about Nick Bollea, son of Hulk Hogan, turning 18 and being upgraded from juvenille hall to the real deal. Shortly after midnight last night, Nick was released from prison after serving only 166 days of his 8 month sentence. He was released early on good behavior.
It’s been reported that Nick will be living on his own soon, although he will still be on probation with a suspended license. There are also rumors that Nick is considering hosting his own reality TV show…like there isn’t enough garbage on TV these days.
Source: The Mikey Morning Show in San Diego
Here’s another funny commercial that Toyota’s marketing team came up with in their list of thing’s the Toyota Yaris can’t do.
Posted in Auto Manufacturers, Economy Cars, News Worthy, Sports Cars, Stupid Stunts, Videos
Tagged Add new tag, Advertising, Cars, Commercial, Commercials, Funny, Funny Advertising, Funny Commercials, Funny Stuff, Toyota, Toyota Yaris, Yaris
Toyota’s latest line of commericals aims to show that their Yaris can do just about anything, but instead of showing you what it can do, they show you what it can’t do. In this commercial, the Yaris tries to take off from an aircraft carrier.
Posted in Auto Manufacturers, Economy Cars, News Worthy, Stupid Stunts, Videos
Tagged Add new tag, Advertising, Cars, Commercial, Commercials, Funny, Funny Advertising, Funny Commercials, Funny Stuff, Toyota, Toyota Yaris, Yaris
The UK Top Gear crew has put together a new section of their website that is dedicated for the American audience. On this new section you’ll find only the best reports taken from the Top Gear television show, Top Gear Magazine and Top Gear’s UK website, but now with a little more “American flavor.”
It’s nice to see some love for the US audience. No official word yet on whether the US version of the Top Gear television show will get a spot on site, but my guess is that it’ll find a home there.
See it first hand at http://www.topgear.com/us/
Posted in News Worthy, Top Gear
Tagged Autos, Captain Slow, Car, Car Review, Cars, James May, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, Top Gear, Top Gear Magazine, TopGear.com, UK Top Gear
Working hard or hardly working? Over here at AutoAnything, we are always busting our butts to bring you the latest and greatest gear for your vehicles. This week we’ve added a new products to our truck tool box and floor mat departments and created a new portable tool box category.
First up are the four new Titan toolboxes. These ultra versatile truck tool boxes offer you the storage capacity you need in an unmatched form factor, and every Titan tool box we carry is constructed of tough polyethylene so you never have to deal with rust problems. Let’s take a look at the new models:
- The Titan Gull Wing Crossover Tool Box has two spring-assisted lids which can open on both sides of your truck. Weighing only 41 pounds, this full-size lightweight tool box can store a lot of gear while the removable tray can organize your smaller hand tools. Measuring 21” wide, 14 1/4″ tall, 61” long, this tool box is perfect for most light-duty truck beds.
- The Titan Single Lid Crossover Tool Box gives you more access to the whole toolbox while keeping your stuff safe from thieves. Built in cam-lock latches keep the lid shut tight and a lock on the drivers side keeps your gear safe and secure. A steel reinforced lid and body add to the tool boxes strength while keeping weight to a paltry 43 pounds. Measuring 21-1/8” wide, 19” tall, 53-3/8” long, this box will fit most pickups and light-duty truck beds.
- The Titan Portable Utility Chest is the jack-of-all-trades. It goes where you need it and stays behind when it’s too much to carry. Weather-tight seals means you don’t have to worry about the elements ruining your tools. Available in two different sizes, 15-1/8” by 13-1/8” by 32” (17 lbs) & 20” by 18-3/4” by 35” (25 lbs), these boxes are the perfect storage container for most situations. If you want to mount these tool boxes to your truck bed, don’t worry, all the hardware is included to give you superior fit and finish.
- The Titan Wheel Well Truck Tool Box is both versatile and handy. Since it mounts to the side of your truck bed, you’ll be able to use the full length of the truck bed to do some serious hauling. Don’t need the truck bed for moving around the big stuff? Then these wheel well tool boxes give you the extra storage you need to organize and secure your gear. These toolboxes are sold individually and available in two different sizes, one for full-size and one for mid-size trucks.
In this last week, we’ve also teamed up with Fan Mat Floor Mats to provide us with a huge line of logo floor mats!
- NBA logo floor mats will proudly display who you route and cheer for on the courts. These officially licensed custom logo floor mats are universal fit and come with a non-slip backing.
- NCAA logo carpet floor mats are for the die-hard college sports fans, and with 260 officially licensed logos, you’ll be sure to find what flavor you desire, even if its a set of NCAA logo vinyl floor mats.
- Military logo floor mats will let you honor your service to your county men with pride. Army, Navy, Marine, and US Coast Guard logos are officially licensed and show everyone that you support the troops.
Titan Gull Wing Crossover Toolbox
Titan Single Lid Crossover Toolbox
Titan Portable Chest Toolbox
Titan Wheel Well Toolbox
NBA Logo Floor Mats – LA Lakers
NCAA Logo Floor Mats – University of Colorado
NCAA Logo Vinyl Floor Mats – USC
NCAA Logo Vinyl Floor Mats – UCLA
Military Logo Floor Mats – US Coast Guard
Military Logo Floor Mats – Marines
Military Logo Floor Mats – Air Force
Military Logo Floor Mats – Navy
Posted in Floor Mats, Product Review
Tagged Air Force, Air Force Logo, Army, Army Logo, Auto Anything, AutoAnything, College, College Logo, Floor Mat, Floor Mats, LA Lakers, LA Lakers Logo, Military, Military Logo, Navy, Navy Logo, NBA, NBA Logo, Product Review, Products, Titan Truck Tool Box, Titan Truck Tool Boxes, Truck Tool Box, Truck Tool Boxes, UCLA, UCLA Logo, University of Colorado, University of Colorado Logo, US Coast Guard, US Coast Guard Logo, USC, USC Logo
AutoAnything supports all forms of transportation, even non-motorized vehicles, which is why we took special notice of David Byrne’s unique line of bike racks. For those of you who might not know him, David Byrne is a world class artist, fabricator and musician who brings a fresh perspective to whatever he is involved with. This year he tackled improving the city life by creating artistic sculptures that are intended to be used as bike racks. Here are a few example of his works, which have a home in New York City.
Posted in News Worthy, Personal Projects
Tagged Art, Artist, Arts, Bike Rack, Bike Racks, Culture, David Byrne, Fun, Travel, Unique Projects
Whether you’ve got a tricked out flashy-ride or you’re keeping it all stock, the cleaner your car is the better it looks. That’s why we teamed up with Meguiars to offer three new AutoAnything exclusive detailing kits that’ll renew your interior and give your paint that showroom shine.
This three stage kit will rejuvenate your leather and cleanup you’re interior without leaving greasy film or swirl marks. Included in this kit is:
- 16oz. of Meguiar’s Gold Class Rich Leather Spray – The all-natural aloe and UV inhibitors are sure to soften your leather seats help help prevent premature fading from the sunlight.
- 16oz. of Meguiar’s Quik Interior Detailer – Spray this on any surface to clean away dust, grime, and spills and leave your interior with a new shine and fresh smell.
- 3-Pack of Meguiar’s Microfiber Cloths – These absorb about twice as much water as a normal terry cloth. Use these with your Quik Detailer and Leather Spray for fantastic swirl-free results.
This kit is perfect for doing a quick cleanup of your interior and exterior between washes. What you’ll find in this kit is:
- 22oz. bottle of Meguiar’s Ultimate Quik Detailer – This spray extends the life of your wax, quickly cleans off dust & dirt, and uses Hydrophobic Polymer Technology to repel water from your paint.
- 16oz. bottle of Meguiar’s Quik Interior Detailer
- 3-Pack of Meguiar’s Microfiber Cloths
This is a complete car care detailing kit that will help you give your vehicle the love it deserves. Also makes a great gift idea for birthdays and holidays! This professional kit includes:
- Meguiar’s Mild Professional Detailing Kit – This is a clay-bar kit that is used to strip off impurities that have dug into your paint and clear coat. After rubbing this on your paint, it will feel smoother than glass! Make sure to wax afterword to protect your paint and clear coat.
- 18oz. of NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 – This wax is no ordinary wax. It will give your paint a deep, brilliant shine that only a Meguiar’s product can deliver. Trust me, you’ll love this stuff.
- 32oz. of Meguiar’s Hot Shine Tire Spray – This will give your tires that deep, black shine that lasts for weeks.
- 22oz. of Meguiar’s Ultimate Quik Detailer
- 7oz. of Scratch-X – This will help buff out fine nicks, scratches and swirl marks to revitalize your paint.
- 16oz. of Final Inspection – This spray will help you detect trouble spots in your paint that might need a little extra attention make it shine like new.
- 3-Pack of Meguiar’s Microfiber Cloths – For all your detailing needs.
Posted in Car Care Products, Product Review
Tagged Auto Anything, AutoAnything, Car Care, Car Care Products, Car Wax, Gift Ideas, Holiday Gift Ideas, Meguiar's, Meguiar's Detailing Kits, Meguiar's Kits, Meguiars Car Wax, Meguiars Polish, Meguiars Wax
Tickets for Top Gear’s studio audience are currently being sold for Wednesday, October 29th. This would be for the first episode of Top Gear’s new season, which would indicate that the first episode should air on Sunday, November 2nd. Can’t wait to see what trio has in store for us.
Sneak Peak: Judging by the photos I’ve seen, there will be a shootout between Chevy’s ZR1, the Dodge Challenger and Cadillac’s CTS-V. Whether that will be featured in the first episode or not will remain to be seen, but it’s definitely in the works.
Sources: Final Gear and AutoBlog
Posted in News Worthy, Top Gear
Tagged Cadillac CTS-V, Captain Slow, Cars, Corvette, Corvette ZR-1, Corvette ZR1, CTS-V, Dodge Challenger, Fast Cars, James May, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, Super Cars, Top Gear, TV Shows, UK Top Gear, ZR1
We’ve got a very talented creative team here at AutoAnything, so we thought we’d incorporate their expert skills on this blog. Hope you like the new look and feel, we think it’s a big improvement over the old theme.
If you follow this blog, you’d know we’re huge fans of Top Gear. The changes to their site debuted yesterday and they look great. There’s over 300 high-quality videos from the Top Gear show, new blogs, car reviews and lots more. If you get a chance, I recommend you cruise on over there and check out the redesign at TopGear.com.
Posted in News Worthy, Sports Cars, Top Gear, TV Shows
Tagged Captain Slow, Car Reviews, Cars, James May, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond, Top Gear, TopGear.com
Car makers around the world are feeling the heat as the US economy slows down to a crawl. Hit hardest are the manufacturers who’s bread-and-butter were gas guzzling SUV’s and trucks. Company’s like Honda and Toyota staying afloat well, but Ford, GM, Dodge, and a handful of other companies are scrounging to develop a fuel efficient car so they don’t drown in debt.
Ferrari, on the other hand, has decided to keep doing what they do best: build fast cars with impeccable style. The Ferrari California has been criticized by a lot of Automotive journalists, but I’ve always liked it. It kind of reminds me of the Artega GT. I guess I’m not alone because Ferrari announced today that all 2008 and 2009 models have been pre-sold.
Costing $240,000, the California is not cheap, but Ferrari does throw a 460hp, 4.3-liter V8 into the deal. Since Ferrari is making 2,000 units per production year, they’ll have a good inflow of cash for the next 2 years. When it rains it pours, that’s why Ferrari brought their umbrella.
Do you sometimes wish you had that fancy backup camera system that all the new luxury cars have? Heck, even a backup sensor would a big improvement. Well now you can enjoy the perks of those systems because we’ve got’em in stock and ready to ship!
The Bully Dog backup sensor system can save you and your car’s butt from hitting anything that’s behind your vehicle and hidden from view. Do your kids leave their bikes in the driveway? Got house pets that love running around your car while it’s moving? Do you drive a big truck or SUV that has lot’s of blind spots? Then the Bully Dog backup sensor system is right for you.
- 4 sensors to detect objects with
- Available in a traditional wired system, or go wireless for easy installation
- Power is supplied by your reverse lights, so the system is only on when you need it
- Beep frequency increases as you get closer to objects. At 1 foot, it is a continous tone
- Designed to work on cars, trucks, SUV’s and Vans
Want to know more about what’s behind you than what a beep will tell you? Check out our new Autero wireless backup camera system.
- Easy-mount camera attaches to your license plate
- The camera is rugged and waterproof, so no need to worry about durability
- Automatically activates when you put your vehicle in reverse
- The 3.6″ screen displays whatever is behind you and it includes a night vison mode so you’re never left in the dark
Want even more functionality? The Autero wireless backup system with GPS combines all the functionality of their wireless backup system with the added convienence of GPS!
- The LCD screen gets bumped up to a 4.3″ touch screen and displays even higher resolutions for better visual clarity
- Turn-by-turn directions with voice instructions
- Charge the GPS system and take it on-the-go
- Includes MP3 and Photo capabilities
Backup sensors and backup cameras are great gift ideas for the holidays and AutoAnything offers free shipping on these kits, so give us a call or check out the website if you want to order up the perfect gift.
Posted in Auto Accessories, Product Review
Tagged Autero, Autero Wireless Backup Camera, Autero Wireless Backup Camera System, Autero Wireless Backup Camera system with GPS, Autero Wireless Backup Camera with GPS, Auto Anything, AutoAnything, backup cameras, backup sensors, bully dog, Bully Dog Backup Sensor System, Cars, Product Review, Suv, Trucks
It’s unclear who’s stealing the signs, whether they are religious fanatics or college students thinking it would look cool in their dorm room, but the fact of the matter is that any road sign bearing the symbolic monicker is hot property. Even mile marker 66.6 on the Jersey Turnpike has been stolen at least 4 times, which costs $50 to replace every time the sign goes missing.
So whats the solution? Change the name of the route! As you can see from the photo, at least one highway has already adopted a new name, but don’t you think a sign stating “Former 666″ is going to attract just as much attention?
Source: AOL Autos